Under the command of Captain Billy K. Floyd, the Administrative Services Division provides continual administrative support to the agency to ensure that law enforcement services are effective and uninterrupted.
Citizens Assistance Unit and Records Administration
The Citizens Assistance Unit is staffed M-F from 8:30am-5:00pm and allows citizens to file police reports and obtain copies of police/collision reports.
The Records and Administration office provides administrative support to all city and county law enforcement.
CALEA (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies) Accreditation provides public safety agencies with an opportunity to voluntarily meet an established set of professional standards, which require:
- Comprehensive and uniform written directives that clearly define authority, performance, and responsibilities
- Reports and analyses to make fact-based and informed management decisions.
- Preparedness to address natural or man-made critical incidents
- Community relationship-building and maintenance
- Independent review by subject matter experts
- Continuous pursuit of excellence through annual reviews and other assessment measures
Procures uniforms and equipment for officers and for community safety.
Provides communication and dispatch services for all city and county public safety entities.
Provides hardware and support for all city and county public safety entities.
Ensures the agency conducts business in accordance with City of Sumter policy and procedure, and within all guidelines of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Maintains the agency’s computer network systems.
Office of Professional Standards
Ensures officers and staff adhere to professional standards and act in accordance with the law.